Temperatures are certainly getting up there and we’re starting to see a lot more sunshine in the Newport County area! It’s easy to cool off quickly by taking a dip in the pool or find some shade under a patio pergola. Unfortunately our lawns aren’t as lucky, which means we need to take extra care of them during the summer months so as not to let them whither away in the heat!
Many homeowners understand that too much water isn’t a good thing, but too little could end up damaging the root system. Premier Landscape’s lawn experts are here to help you determine how often you need to water your lawn.
- First things first, your lawn needs about 1 to 1.5 inches of water each week.
- Instead of watering your lawn daily, it’s better to give it a good soaking 2 to 3 times a week.
- Jumpstart those roots by watering your grass as early in the spring as you can. Just ensure that the temperature won’t dip below freezing (as this could cause your pipes to burst).
- Test the soil density to determine whether or not you’re watering your lawn enough. A well-watered lawn won’t have soil that will give easily if you try to insert a 6 inch screw into it.
- You will need to water your lawn more regularly if it gets direct, south-facing sunlight the majority of the day and year. During days which the temperature rises over 90 degrees, consider watering your lawn an extra day on top of the 2 to 3 times a week.
Keep in mind that different types of grasses require different amounts of water. If you’re unsure what kind of grass you have, contact Premier Landscape. Also, many homeowners in the area often don’t have time to keep an eye on the amount of water their lawn is getting. As a solution, our Portsmouth and Newport RI landscape and lawn care company recommends installing a sprinkler system. The installation process only takes a day or two, and the results save you the time and the hassle of having to drag a hose around your yard.
Contact our professional landscaping company today for a free project estimate or lawn care services!