Outdoor kitchens are a great opportunity to bring some popular indoor amenities into the great outdoors. One of the best parts about having an outdoor living space is you suddenly have much more room to entertain, and most are designed to enjoy for three seasons. At Premier Landscape, we’ve installed dozens of outdoor kitchens for homeowners across Portsmouth and Newport RI. If you’re considering an outdoor kitchen this year, there are a few things to consider.
5 Outdoor Kitchen Design Suggestions
- Choose Layout & Materials. After contacting Premier Landscape, one of our hardscape design professionals will meet with you at your property in order to take measurements to determine the best possible layout that maximizes your outdoor kitchen space as well as manages to fit all the features you want. The fun part for you is choosing the hardscape and masonry materials! We offer dozens of cut and natural stone options in various shapes and colors.
- Appliance Selection. Are you and your significant other big on cooking? Consider a built-in mini fridge, sink, and large grill so you can cook up a storm while your guests soak in the view of your backyard. Not big on cooking but still want to entertain for a good-sized group? Premier Landscape can install built-in seating around a bonfire as well as a custom made stone bar that seats as many people as you want. Outdoor kitchen appliances also come in all sizes so you can maximize your outdoor space.
- Consider Storage. Having an outdoor kitchen means you’ll want to have another set of sturdy dishware, cups, cooking utensils and other items. No need to worry about having to find places in your indoor kitchen though, because Premier Landscape can ensure that your outdoor living space comes equipped with plenty of storage. Whether it be drawers or cabinets, we’ll make sure you can store all of your items outside — and this means less trips in and out to get necessary items!
- Decide on Ambiance Features. Just as you’ve personalized the inside of your home to be comfortable and inviting, you should also look into features that make your outdoor space relaxing. Our outdoor kitchen design and installation crew recommends an outdoor fireplace, water features, and decorative privacy walls. There are plenty of outdoor aesthetic features that serve two purposes, such as an outdoor fireplace providing not only great mood lighting but also warmth on colder Fall nights.
- Don’t Forget Safety & Comfort. Weather in Rhode Island can be a bit unpredictable sometimes. If you’re planning on entertaining guests outside and end up having some unexpected rain (or brutally hot sunshine), then a steeple roof, retractable awning, or pergola is a great way to keep the weather at bay. At Premier Landscape, we often recommend homeowners to consider some form of outdoor lighting. Not only is outdoor lighting a great feature to have in order to enjoy your space after sunset, but its also a way to keep your yard safe if you have children running around or for those who many not be able to see well in the dark.
No matter what sized yard you have, our landscape design and installation company in Portsmouth RI is here to help you lay out the design and framework for your new outdoor kitchen. Contact us for a free estimate today and we’ll see the project all the way through from start to finish!